If you have patience and good communication skills, this is great work for single parents. If so, then you could either find a job or freelance opportunities as a bookkeeper or accounts assistant. https://remotemode.net/ You’d be entering records and balancing figures for the account to review at the end of the year and tax time. If you’ve got a laptop and an internet connection, then you can work in data entry.
$15 an hour to start is not enough to support a family. His father passed away in August and I just recently got taken off the schedule at my job that i worked at for 2.5 years. I am very overwhelmed right now because i dont know all of the resources to help me with my son. I tell him everyday that we have to choose our hard and if we dont like things about ourselves we ask for help and we change them…. Life can be hard because of our health conditions but if we work hard we can be happy and healthy we just have to find the right help and support. Single moms can make more money through a pay raise or promotion, a new job, a side gig, starting a business, or selling things you no longer need.
Best Work from Home Jobs for Homeschooling Single Parents
There can be some requirements to operate a home daycare, depending on the number of children you wish to care for and your area. However, if you are looking to open a full-fledged daycare, you might be eligible for business funding to cover the cost of turning your home into a daycare center. Proofreaders bring in about $51,000 annually and there is virtually no start-up cost other than the software you need to do the job. Data entry work is one of the most sought after work-from-home jobs out there. However, the number of actual data entry jobs available are few and far between. And, those that do exist are often for very low pay (I’m talking a couple bucks an hour). If you have enough time during the day to secure full-time employment with benefits — go for it!
Jayne Havens is a stay-at-home mom and she was always getting asked if she could help others get their kids to sleep through the night since she had early success. Check out the free class on How to Become a Virtual Bookkeeper to see if this is right for you. It’s called Property Preservation or Repairing Foreclosed Homes. Danielle outsources 100% of the work and just does the admin work at home. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that, through the decade ending in 2026, jobs for interpreters and translators should increase by 18%.
How to Get Started Finding a Stay-At-Home Mom Job
Receive job search tactics to find the best opportunities for you and tips for crafting your resume for remote-friendly employers. Fortunately am not a Mom but a Dad searching genuine Online jobs. The normal fee each month would be $14.95 a month but it’s less using my code. I’m not a fan of paying to find work but it has to get compensated somehow for hand-screening each job it posts. For a full list on Upwork, click here for freelance services you can provide.
- Share your qualifications and career highlights on resumes, in cover letters, and during initial meetings.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that, through the decade ending in 2026, jobs for interpreters and translators should increase by 18%.
- Everyone is different so it’s important for you to choose what you would want to do the most.
- Alexis at FITnancials posted a great interview with Jenn about how she makes her money-making strategy work.
- Transcription jobs for stay-at-home parents are available with remote, part-time, and flexible schedule options.
- When my son was born, I was already working from home.
If you are pitching your first job, try to offer your services for free for one week to ease the client’s mind since you have no references or reviews. If the client likes you move on with the “paid service” the following remote jobs for moms week. That’s how I won my first job, and the client still paid me for my first week. Share your opinion to help brands deliver better products and services and get paid in the form of gift cards or through PayPal.
Customer Service Representative
This knocks down my mother and I’s bills combined keeping our true income in our pockets. These jobs can involve a variety of tasks and require fast, accurate typing, fast internet, familiarity with software like Microsoft Office and G Suite. Per Glassdoor, H&R Block tax preparers typically receive around $2,500 in additional pay from commissions and bonuses. Jackson Hewitt employees typically earn an additional $340, and Liberty Tax employees usually snag an extra $300. Tax preparers are professionals who provide guidance, advice, and explanations to help customers fill out their tax forms during tax season. If you have experience using tax software to prepare federal and state taxes for individuals, then consider a seasonal gig as a tax preparer. Tax season runs from January 1 through April 15, though tax preparers do work outside of this high season.
- Get all the low-down on how to become a bookkeeper, how much you can earn, and how to get your first client and grow your business.
- Thank you Adrienne, feel free to join my mailing list to stay updated on ways to make money from home.
- You will find it so much easier to get into work mode and get right to work.
- I really need this information that you mentioned about work from home jobs.It is useful information for me.Thanks for sharing this information to all..